Netflix has so many great dramas, comedies and (some) films come out throughout the years but which ones are the best? We've compiled a list of the mo...
P&O Cruises' Arvia has a great mix of restaurants and bars spread across 7 Decks. Each one has a different theme, style and signature order with everything from sushi to sundaes! If you're booking a holiday this year on P&O Cruises Arvia, take a look at our restaurant guide complete with example dishes, menus and photos so you can imagine being on board already.
All photographs courtsey of P&O Cruises ©
Main Dining Rooms: Aqua, Coral, Opal and Pearl
Arvia’s four main dining rooms are named Aqua, Coral, Opal and Pearl and are located across Decks 6 and 7. They are open across the day for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and unmissable five course dinners. You can visit the main dining rooms at any time you like and you can sit where you like - this is part of Arvia’s Freedom Dining plan which offers the ultimate flexibility of no set dining times onboard this ship!
Each of the four dining rooms serve the same menus but the menus are different for each sitting (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
What sort of dishes can you expect to eat at the main dining rooms onboard Arvia?
As P&O Cruises' Arvia is the same build as Iona, we believe the food served across the main dining rooms and outlets will be to the same high standard. We've taken a look at one of Arvia's sample Main Dining Room menus and picked a few of our favourite dishes.
• For dinner we liked the sound of the Atlantic Monkfish wrapped in Serrano Ham with Roast Red Peppers and Tomatoes and a Chickpea Stew.
• As well as the full English breakfast buffet, there is also the The P&O Cruises Breakfast with Grilled Back Bacon, Lambs Liver, Tomato, Black Pudding, White Pudding, Cumberland Sausage, Hash Browns and Fried, Scrambled or Poached Eggs.
• To end our meal we want to try the Chocolate Brownie with Raspberries, Raspberry Sorbet and Violet Crystals
The four main dining rooms are included in the price.
Deck 6 - Gala Deck
Meridian Restaurant (Deck 6, Aft)
Arvia's Meridian Restaurant is one of the two large dining restaurants. The second is Zenith.
The Meridian Restaurant is included in the price.
6th Street Diner (Deck 6, Aft)
6th Street Diner is the go-to American diner onboard Arvia. It’s a very laid-back space with a 1950s retro theme complete with jukebox! Get everything from fried chicken, maple syrup waffles and milkshakes to iced cold cocktails and soul food.
• Some of our top picks include the New York Strip Steak with grilled asparagus, crispy shallows, garlic butter and fries.
• Then for pudding we’d pick the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie with cream cheese frosting.
Dining at 6th Street Diner is an extra charge.
The Olive Grove (Deck 6, Aft)
The Olive Grove is Arvia’s Mediterranean restaurant serving flavours from Spain, Italy and Morocco all day long. You can order everything from paella, lamb tagine or grazing boards to sample with friends!
• We recommend the Italian Antipasti Grazing Board which includes Salami, Parma Ham, Coppa, Mortadella di Bologna, Gorgonzola Cheese Roasted Italian Vegetables, Cerignola Olives, and Salsa Cruda.
• Our seafood choice would be the Fritto Misto with Baby Squid, Breaded Prawns, Sea Salt and Pepper Mussels, Crispy Smelts Aioli, and Focaccia Bread.
• For dessert we would pick the Handcrafted Turkish Baklava with Halva, Loukamades, Pistachio, Katafi Honey and Nut Vanilla Greek Yoghurt.
Most dishes at The Olive Grove are included in the price.
Anderson’s Bar (Deck 6, Aft)
Anderson’s Bar is Arvia’s calming lounge bar; a great place to read and relax with an aperitif or after dinner drink. Its copper interior makes it feel like a private members club and it is well known for its boutique collection of gins and rums.
• Anderson’s Bar features the exclusive new Rum created for Arvia, The Tidal Rum. It has a rich smoothness from a blend of cask-aged rums from across the Caribbean.
Ocean Studios (Deck 6, Midship)
Ocean Studios is Arvia's cinema and you are able to choose your favourite snacks and drinks to accompany your screening. They have everything from Butterkist popcorn, Cadbury's sharing bags and Doritos.
The 710 Club (Deck 6, Midship)
The 710 Club is a sophisticated bar showcasing different musical genres which have inspired its famous creator over his career. Take That’s Gary Barlow is a favourite at P&O Cruises and has been working with the team to share his creative vision for The 710 Club so expect a seductive and immersive musical experience.
Vistas Café Bar (Deck 6, Mid Forward)
Vistas Café Bar is the place to go for a coffee and a pastry onboard Arvia. You can order from a range of Costa Coffee’s signature range or choose your favourite Teapigs tea. It also hosts pop-up performances and is at the right place to see performances from aerial artists!
Vistas Café Bar is an extra charge.
Amber Lounge (Deck 6, Mid Forward)
Visit the Amber Lounge for a glamourous evening of cocktails in the Grand Atrium. Live entertainment and sweeping ocean views will make your visit to Amber Lounge even more memorable.
• New cocktails available on Arvia include the Barberousse which is a mix of three different Rums, apricot and pomegranate juice.
The Limelight Club (Deck 6, Mid Forward)
A stylish and intimate club experience, The Limelight Club offers themed three course dinners in a low lit atmosphere perfect for an entertaining evening. You will be greeted with a welcome drink and will eat at intervals throughout the show. You will be entertained by some top singers and dancers including household names. After each performance, the bar is opened and the house band makes it a lively late-night place to be! The Limelight Club is an adults only venue.
• Some of the food you could be enjoying at The Limelight Club is Glazed King Oyster Mushroom ‘Scallops’ with Caramelised Shallot Purée, Tarragon Emulsion, Roasted Garlic Sourdough Crumb, and Sherry Vinaigrette.
• A Vegan option we liked the look of is the Butternut Squash, Mushroom and Cashew Nut Spring Roll served with a bouquet of scorched tender stem Broccoli, Sesame, Baby Carrots and Pencil Leek Toasted Cashew Nut Sauce.
Dining at The Limelight Club starts from £25.
Deck 7 - Parade Deck
Brodie’s (Deck 7, Mid Forward)
Brodie’s is the traditional British pub on Arvia right next to the casino. It is the place to be if you want bar snacks, live music, quizzes, karaoke and “smart” dartboards. Brodie’s is also the place to be for catching your favourite football team in their match while you’re onboard. The bar serves the ship’s largest range of British and International bottled beers, ciders and ales but also has a wine menu.
Zenith Restaurant (Deck 7, Aft)
Arvia's Zenith Restaurant is one of the two large dining restaurants. The second is Meridian.
The Zenith Restaurant is included in the price.
The Glass House (Deck 7, Midship)
The Glass House is a wine-lovers paradise as it was created by wine sommelier Olly Smith. It houses the premium wine club named Cellar Door which offers tastings, wine-pairings and wine talks throughout your cruise. Also serving, lager, beer and ale, The Glass House has a curated menu of small bites or plates to share as well as a hearty, main menu. Its sleek and modern seating has unforgettable views of the Grand Atrium where you can watch aerial performances as you dine. The Glass House also has an indulgent breakfast.
• We would choose the Roasted Beetroot Croquetas with Pistachios, Pomegranate, White Almond Dip.
• For main we would recommend the Roasted Shallot and Coffee Beef Short Rib with Tenderstem Broccoli, and Chimichurri.
• Why not try one of the “three-piece sweets” for dessert? The British Retro desserts include a Jammy Dodger Corn Flake Tart with Custard!
Dining at The Glass House starts from £8.00.
Deck 8 - Promenade Deck
The Quays (Deck 8, Midship)
Starting on P&O’s Iona, The Quays is the place to go for some home comforts including a traditional roast dinner! The Quays is a food court at sea offering street food, takeaways with both indoor and outdoor dining.
• Roast is the outlet for the Carvery at The Quays and it has a range of roasted meats served with all the trimmings including jumbo Yorkshire Puddings!
• The Boardwalk serves USA favourites including hot dogs, burgers and soul food.
• Hook, Line and Vinegar is the place for a fancier fish and chips with scampi and crab on the menu!
The Quays is included in the price.
Ripples (Deck 8, Midship)
You can probably guess this one! Ripples is your one stop shop for a sweet treat. Visit the gelateria for a huge range of British and Italian ice creams in different artisan flavours from Snowflake Luxury Gelato. You can add plenty of toppings or have yours in a traditional cone. Ripples also serves gelato afternoon teas, cookies and their signature sundaes!
All food from Ripples is charged extra. Afternoon tea is £12.
Green & Co. Featuring Mizuhana (Deck 8, Midship)
Green & Co is the place to be if you’re looking for some exceptional fish dishes and a modern plant-based menu. It has a very elegant vibe with great sea views and the food is all about fresh flavours. Green & Co. Features Mizuhana, a must-visit sushi bar where you can watch expert chefs at work building intricate sushi creations!
"New restaurant Green & Co featuring Mizuhana will have a plant-led menu reflecting the latest trends in vegan, vegetarian and flexitarian dining" - Paul Ludlow, P&O Cruises President
• Some of the delicious dishes on offer at Green & Co feat. Mizuhana include Chakalaka Wellington with a South African inspired spiced, smokey tomato sauce, red cabbage gel, corn relish, warm green bean salad, crispy corn kernels and a side of spiced sweet potato pakoras, coconut labneh, pea and mint dip.
• One of the unmissable sushi dishes includes Moriawase Platters Nigiri with yellow fin tuna, Highland salmon, yellow tail, sea bass, maki and tuna uramaki.
Dining at Green & Co feat. Mizuhana is an extra charge.
Sindhu (Deck 8, Midship)
Sindhu is P&O Cruises’ most flavoursome restaurant complete with a luxurious gold and emerald interior. Expert chef Atul Kochhar has crafted the perfect Indian menu full of traditional spices and contemporary dishes. As well as a great place to spend an evening, Sindu also does delicious tiffin-style lunches on sea days and has plenty of vegetarian options.
• To start we would recommend the Feijoada Com Pao which is a Goan Peri-Peri Masala Stew of Chorizo, Five Bean and Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Chapati Crisp.
• A special main course will be the Lobster Thermidor ‘Sindhu Style’ which is a half Maine Lobster Baked in Shell with Ginger, Green Chilli and Coriander finished with a Grilled Cheese Melt, Curd Basmati Rice and a Spiced Seafood Bisque!
• For pudding why not try the elements of Passion Fruit, Lemon and Coconut Posset Trifle with a Sweet Fennel Seed Biscuit and Mango Coulis.
Dining at Sindhu starts from £9.00.
Sunset Bar (Deck 8, Aft)
The gorgeous Sunset Bar on Arvia is your day-to-night destination with whirlpools and swinging seats to relax in. It’s a Café del Mar style bar with sun canopies and chilled DJ sounds to help you catch the last rays of sunlight.
The Keel and Cow (Deck 8, Midship)
The Keel and Cow is a relaxed gastropub open from morning until night and serving signature cheeseburgers, fish and chips, pie and mash as well as prime cuts of steak in their dry-aging cabinet.
• To start our pick is the Sticky Duck Drumsticks with Cucumber, Spring Onion and Hoisin Sauce Filled Bao Buns.
• We’d recommend going for their burger named The Prime Minister which is a 8oz beef patty with Isle of Wight Blue Cheese, Pancetta Jam, Onion Marmalade, Tomatoes and roasted Garlic mayonnaise!
• To finish you can’t go wrong with the indulgent Beef Suet Sticky Toffee Pudding complete with Butterscotch Sauce, Bird’s Custard, Dorset Clotted Cream Ice Cream and Toffee Popcorn.
Dining at The Keel and Cow starts from £5.50
Deck 16 - Lido Deck
Taste 360 (Deck 16, Midship)
Arvia has partnered with two expert chefs to develop memorable dishes at Taste 360. The first is José Pizarro who is an acclaimed Spanish chef. The second is Shivi Ramoutar who is the Queen of contemporary Caribbean cooking.
• Taste360 is the Skydome’s pitstop for food on deck including pizzas, burgers, hot dogs, street food and rotisserie chicken.
Taste360 is included in the price.
Laguna Bar and Sundaes (Deck 16, Midship)
Laguna Bar and Sundaes is the place to go for your ice-cream fix on Deck 16. You can choose from a selection of Jude's delicious ice creams - flavours include Truly Chocolate, Strawberries and Cream, Salted Caramel, and even Gin and Tonic! You will also be able to get cooling milkshakes and Costa Coffees.
Laguna Bar and Sundaes is an extra charge.
The Beach House (Deck 16, Midship)
The Beach House on Arvia is a must visit if you love tasty, fresh flavours. It is an indulgent Caribbean and South American restaurant serving hanging kebabs, cook-your-own steaks and even chocolate fondues!
• We would recommend the Pork Chicharrones with crispy fried Pork Belly with Puffed Crackling, Red Slaw and Jalapeño Miso Salsa to start.
• For main we would recommend the Beer Can Chicken Sharer which is delicious Jerk Rubbed Whole Roasted Corn-fed Chicken, Rice and Peas or Fries with Chicken Gravy.
• For dessert, we would pick the Toasted Marshmallow Fondue Sharer with warm Chocolate Sauce, Banana Cake, Churros and Fresh Strawberries.
Dining at The Beach House starts from £7.50 per person.
Grab-and-Go (Deck 16, Aft)
Grab-and-Go on Arvia is a self-service area of snacks, sandwiches, salads, yoghurts and fruit pots. It is the perfect place to grab a quick snack while relaxing in the sun allowing you to stay outside and in the pool for longer.
Food from Grab-and-Go is included in the price.
Horizon Restaurant (Deck 16, Aft)
All day dining is offered in Horizon with an unbelievable range of food from the UK and around the world. It really is the place for everyone catering to all dietary needs and appetites. Horizon is self-service, spacious and elegant. It also provides a range of buffet options for Breakfast.
At 5PM, families can visit the buffet at Horizon Restaurant for the Children’s tea where young cruisers can get their dinner and head off to the Kid’s Club before the parents enjoy a romantic meal elsewhere. Food includes Margherita Pizza, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Fish Fingers and Pork Sausages.
The Horizon restaurant is included in the price.
Infinity Bar (Deck 16, Aft)
Something new on Arvia is the Infinity and Panorama Pool and Bar. It offers a luxury experience complete with whirlpools, loungers and a swim up bar! Sit and enjoy a cool beer or cocktail while sat on stools in the pool. In the evening it is the place for a party with live music and sometimes silent discos!
The Chef’s Table (Deck 16, Aft)
Located in the Horizon Restaurant, The Chef’s Table is the place for guests to sample creations by Eric Lanlard and Marco Pierre White. Each dish comes with a wine paired by P&O favourite Olly Smith.
The Chef’s Table is included in the price.
Crystal Bar (Deck 16, Mid-Forward)
Crystal Bar can be found between the Skydome and Horizon Restaurant so you can always secure your next drink wherever you are on deck.
The Crow’s Nest (Deck 17, Forward)
One of the most iconic areas to any ship, Arvia’s The Crow’s Nest offers panoramic views of the ocean perfect to observe the world and see other cruisers sailing past. In the daytime it is a quiet retreat to enjoy your coffee and in the evening it turns into a stylish cocktail lounge complete with live piano playing. The Epicurean is close to The Crow’s Nest making it the most elegant pairing.
Epicurean (Deck 17, Forward)
Epicurean is P&O Cruises’ signature dining experience serving exquisite dishes using classic British ingredients with a twist. It calls itself an extraordinary gastronomic journey to the very heart of fine dining!
It is a formal setting complete with flawless service and fine wines. Epicurean also serves a luxurious breakfast and afternoon tea devised by Eric Lanlard.
• To start we would recommend the Seared King Scallops and Scallop Tartare with Charred Cucumber, Kohlrabi and Cucumber Ketchup.
• For main why not try the Giant Indonesian Tiger Prawns which are split and grilled in their shells with Red Chilli and Garlic Butter Soy Noodles and Stir-fried Oriental Greens.
• For steak lovers you wont go wrong with the 28 Day Aged Grain Finished Australian Black Angus Sirloin Steak with Plum Tomato Ragout and Bordelaise Sauce.
• For dessert, we would pick the Baked Valrhona Chocolate Cheesecake with poached Amarena Cherries, Aged Balsamic Vinegar and Sour Cream.
Dining at Epicurean starts from £28 and afternoon tea is £17.50.
Sky Bar (Deck 17, Midship)
Found right at the top of the Skydome area, Sky Bar is one of the highest places to get a drink onboard Arvia.
Deck 18 - Panorama Deck
Panorama Pool & Bar (Deck 18, Aft)
Panorama bar is right next to Arvia's sports faculties making it the place to cool down after a golfing or playing football.
Beachcomber Bar (Deck 18, Forward)
The Beachcomber Pool and Bar is a spacious outdoor area to relax and catch the sun on a lounger. Order your favourite cocktail or an ice cream to your seat and enjoy your swimming in the pool and relaxing on deck.
All photographs courtsey of P&O Cruises ©
Thanks for reading "Discover All 35 Restaurants and Bars Onboard P&O Cruises Arvia" on January Media.